Vox Memorial United Methodist Church
Vox Methodist Church does not have a long history, but its record is one of pride to its members. From 1852 to 1924 the people of Vox traveled to Prospect Methodist Episcopal Church for worship. With the changing times Vox residents saw the need for a church in their own community. Vox Methodist Church was authorized at the annual conference on December 7, 1924. For a time members held service in the old Vox School building. The land on which the church now stands was donated by Julius S. Altman. Shortly thereafter the church was erected by Christopher Henry Prater who also made the church furniture.
For several years Vox was part of a four-point circuit. In 1956 Johnsonville's church was made a station, thus leaving the 3 smaller churches of Vox Memorial, Brown's Chapel, and Trinity church which formed the Johnsonville Circuit. This circuit erected a brick parsonage, dedicated by Bishop Paul Hardin Jr. on November 18, 1962.
The women of Vox Memorial Methodist Church held an organizational meeting for the Women's Society of Christian Service at the church on October 23, 1968. This was a service of celebration for the charter meeting. There were 13 women of the church signing the charter.