Browse Items (883 total)

WYKB - 1968.jpg
WYKB Radio. The station was located in Hemingway and was a low power AM station. WYKB was required by the FCC to sign off at sunset so as not to interfere with larger stations at night.

Witherspoon's Ferry vested in John Witherspoon 1801.jpg
The Statutes at Large of South Carolina: Acts relating to roads, bridges and ferries, with an appendix, containing the militia acts prior to 1794 - By South Carolina, Thomas Cooper, David James McCord

Witherspoon's Ferry vested in J.D. Witherspoon 1815.jpg
The Statutes at Large of South Carolina: Acts relating to roads, bridges and ferries, with an appendix, containing the militia acts prior to 1794

Witherspoon's Ferry -1820 closeup.jpg
Map showing Witherspoon's Ferry, Snow's Lake, and Marion's camp. The Tavern noted on the map is at the approximate location of the American Legion Hut on the bluff by Lynches River. This Tavern was later operated by William J. Johnson when he took…

Willow V Elnora Jess and Verline Hanna.jpg
John Jesse "Jess" Hanna and Verline Carter Hanna with daughters Willow V and Elnora.

Willow V and Jess Hanna.jpg
John Jesse "Jess" Hanna with daughter Willow V. Hanna.

Williamsburg County gets First Historical Marker - The State - 27 Feb 1958.pdf
Article detailing the first historical marker in Williamsburg County at Indiantown Presbyterian Church.

cws00156.jpg
Map showing Witherspoon's Ferry, Snow's Lake, and Marion's camp (lower right corner). The Tavern noted on the map is at the approximate location of the Hut. This Tavern was later operated by William J. Johnson when he took over the Ferry lands from…

Williamsburg Building Supply 1950s.jpg
Williamsburg Building Supply Company started in Kingstree and opened their Johnsonville branch in May of 1954. Lamar Dennis was the manager. This building was later Evans Brothers and Sons and was located on Broadway Street. The building burned down…

Billy Cox family.jpg
This photo was originally contributed to the Johnsonville Library Altman Genealogy and Local History Digital Collections by Noonie Eaddy Stone. Pictured:
Billy and Jean Cox with all of their children in front of house taken in Williamsburg County.…

Billy Cox and Sara Jane Stone.jpg
William James "Billy" Cox Jr (1842–1921) and Sarah Jane Stone Cox (1850–1924) were the founders of Rehobeth Pentecostal Holiness Church.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2