Trinity United Methodist Church
William J. Johnson (b. 1810) gave the land on which Trinity United Methodist Church was built. William J. Johnson was the nephew of William James Johnson, founder of Johnsonville. The four acres of land was given for the church in a deed dated July 15, 1858.
Remodeled and modernized several times, the church still occupies its original building. The beautiful chancel furniture that graces the sanctuary was made by Brig. Gen. John Henry Woodberry, great grandson of Henry Eaddy and son of Johnsonville's first woman mayor, Rosa Belle (Eaddy) Woodberry Dixon.
The church ceased services recently and the grounds are maintained by former members.
Information compiled by Josh Dukes